Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift) Philadelphia, PA
What is an Upper Blepharoplasty?
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty at Chandler Cosmetic Surgery in Jenkintown, Philadelphia, PA and Moorestown, NJ, is the surgical removal of excess tissues and sculpting of the upper eyelid and eyebrow. Heavy excess tissues of the upper eyelids form with the normal aging process.
How does it help a droopy eyelid?
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty sometimes referred to as an “eyelid lift”, rejuvenates the upper eyelid area.
- There are many aspects of this surgery to discuss with your surgeon, and it is important to realize that any “droopy” eyelid would require repair of a muscle weakness known as ptosis, in addition to the blepharoplasty portion of the procedure.
- Typically, after upper eyelid blepharoplasty patients describe feeling “like a weight was taken off the eyelids” and that the eyes feel “more open and more alert.” Women who like wearing makeup love that they can again use mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow, makeup that is very challenging or impossible to apply with the extra baggy eyelid skin before surgery.
- Men like that their eyelids become less worn-out, less tired looking, making them feel and look refreshed.
Blepharoplasty Upper Eye Lift
Eye Lift FAQs
Upper blepharoplasty can be performed in the office or an outpatient surgical center and usually takes about an hour to perform. Recovery is fairly rapid and downtime is usually just a few days. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is an excellent procedure and patients typically love the results.
- Eyelid lift or blepharoplasty is the surgical removal of excess tissues of the upper eyelid along with the sculpting and contouring of the eyelid and eyebrow region to give a beautiful refreshed result.
- Incisions are made in the crease of the upper eyelid so that they are hidden.
Get more insight about Eyelid Surgery by reading Dr. Chandler’s post “Return to a More Beautiful, Younger-Looking You with Upper Eyelid Surgery” and “Looking Your Best with Lower Eyelid Surgery“.
If you are in need of a blepharoplasty in Philadelphia, Jenkintown, Main Line, Lower Merion Township, Radnor Township, Gladwyne, Villanova, PA, Cherry Hill and Moorestown, NJ, schedule an appointment with Dr. Chandler by filling out our Contact Form.