Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift Surgery) Philadelphia, PA
What is Upper Blepharoplasty (Eye Lift Surgery)?
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty at Chandler Cosmetic Surgery in Jenkintown, Philadelphia, PA and Moorestown, South Jersey, NJ, is the surgical removal of excess tissues and sculpting of the upper eyelid and eyebrow.
Heavy excess tissues of the upper eyelids form with the normal aging process. Eyelid surgery, or Blepharoplasty, is the best way to help rejuvenate and refresh aging eyelids!
How does upper eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty) help droopy eyelids?
Upper eyelid blepharoplasty sometimes referred to as an “eyelid lift” or “eye lift surgery”, rejuvenates the upper eyelid area, makes the eyes more alert, and takes weight off the eyelids.
- There are many aspects of this surgery to discuss with your surgeon, and it is important to realize that any actual “droopy” eyelid would require repair of a muscle weakness known as ptosis. Ptosis surgery is sometimes performed in addition to the blepharoplasty portion of the eyelift procedure.
- After upper eyelid blepharoplasty, patients often describe feeling “like a weight was taken off the eyelids” and that “my eyes feel more open.”
- Women who like wearing makeup love that they can again use mascara, eyeliner, and eyeshadow — makeup that is very challenging or impossible to apply with the excess baggy eyelid skin before surgery.
- Men like that their eyelids become less worn-out, less tired looking, making them feel and look refreshed. No amount of fitness or weight lifting routines can help make aging eyelids look more youthful.
- Men and women both are excited that their photographs and selfies are improved, and they feel more confident about their appearance, especially on social media.
Blepharoplasty Upper Eye Lift
Blepharoplasty / Eye Lift FAQs
Upper blepharoplasty can be performed in the office or an outpatient surgical center and usually takes about an hour to perform. Recovery is fairly rapid and downtime is usually just a few days. Upper eyelid blepharoplasty is an excellent procedure and patients typically love the results.
- Eyelid lift, or blepharoplasty, is the surgical removal of excess tissues of the upper eyelid along with the sculpting and contouring of the eyelid and eyebrow region to give a beautiful refreshed result.
- Incisions are made in the crease of the upper eyelid so that they are hidden.
- Botox or Dysport may be used to enhance the result.
Get more insight about Eyelid Surgery by reading Dr. Chandler’s post “Return to a More Beautiful, Younger-Looking You with Upper Eyelid Surgery” and “Looking Your Best with Lower Eyelid Surgery“.
If you are in need of a blepharoplasty in Philadelphia, Jenkintown, Main Line, Lower Merion Township, Radnor Township, Gladwyne, Villanova, PA, South Jersey, Cherry Hill and Moorestown, NJ, schedule an appointment with Dr. Chandler and his plastic surgery team by filling out our Contact Form.